Jamie Norrish : Writings : Hârn
There is in fact more Hârn material on this site than is
listed here. I plead the excuse that what I have omitted is either old
or incomplete, where it is not both. If I discover any lost gems, I
will add them to this list.
Some of the material linked to below is part of the Hârn
Religion Team (HRT), an initiative by several fans to produce
additional information on the religious aspects of Hârn. I am no
longer formally involved in the project; the documents here are my
definitive versions, but may differ from those kept by the HRT.
- Conceptions of Heaven : Peonian and
Laranian views on the afterlife
- A collection of views on the afterlife, including a composite
conception drawn from elements of both religions, and a number of
heretical and unorthodox positions. HRT Peoni material.
- Ilviran Symbolism
- An extract from Jethrem Tobal's A Mainland Heritage
discussing some Ilviran symbols, their meaning and derivation. HRT
- A history of ideas and philosophies
relating to the Shek-Pvar
- A collection of different views on magic - its rules, its
relation to the world and to the gods, its nature, etc. Very
incomplete, though not insubstantial.
- A Peonian Bishop's
- A number of entries taken from the diary of a priest from
Shorkyne during his visit to the Peonian temple at Tashal in the
Kingdom of Kaldor. HRT Peoni material.
- Lest We Forget PBeM
- The main page of the information relating to this play by email
game I am running. The game is set roughly 2000 years before the
"present day" of 720 TR, on the Lythian mainland, among the ancient
Jarin. As well as an archive of the play so far there is some
information on the legends of these people.
- Beneath the Golden
- The main page of the now-ceased play by email game set in
Menekod in Kanday. There is plenty of background material on Menekod
and the Order of the Checkered Shield, though it is highly divergent
from official material. There are also some links to miscellaneous
documents which spun off from my thinking about the game - including
material on various tapestries, Laranian holy fire, and Laranian
- Gest of Ambrathas
- A synopsis of each scene in the great Laranian poem which tells
the story of St Ambrathas, with some additional material. HRT:
- The Complete Guide to the
Gest of Ambrathas
- An alphabetic listing of all people, places, objects and events
in the Gest. HRT Larani material.
- Korri Abbey
- A collection of documents detailing Korri Abbey in southwestern
- Angyla : a Peonian peasant
- A general description of a Hârnic custom, with two
particular examples. HRT Peoni material.
- The Adventure of St Mykkel the
- A Peonian peasant play, written for the Without A Doubt PBeM.
Unfinished, but it has been twice performed in live action games in
France, to the amusement of the players and public. HRT Peoni
- Witch Mabel's Practical Field
Guide to Magic
- A collection of Hârnic rules for magic; not magic
rules for HârnMaster.
- Orsha the Giant and the Rescue of
- A Peonian myth of the coming of winter. HRT Peoni material.
- Solori and Bujoc linguistics
- The framework to two barbarian languages. Includes sections on
the phonemic system, phonotactics, and sample lexicons. Gzipped
PostScript file, ~34kb. [Temporarily not gzipped.]
- The Legacy Saga
- An Ars Magica game set in Tharda.
- The Death of Maermal
- The myth of Maermal's death and resurrection. HRT Peoni